BOURNEMOUTH, UK


I played tourist once again today. Hello Gorgies! I learnt one important lesson today, you don't need to have a crazy amount of money in your bank account to have fun. I live in Ferndown, which is very near to Bournemouth. I met up with my best friend today for a catch up. In total, I spent £6.95.


What's so special about Bournemouth you ask? First and foremost THE BEACH. I mean who doesn't want to live sea side? The peaceful sound of the waves as they hit the shore, the saline scent of the water, the fresh wind blowing against your face, fine sand between your toes, clear blue skies and the sun warming up your whole body while you are lazying about on a beach towel... this is paradise. The other plus is people watching. Just observing how other people, families, couples, senior citizens and kids have fun at the beach. It makes you value and appreciate the greatness of humanity.

Ever heard of the London Eye? Well Bournemouth has had a recent addition to the family (of architecture), our very own Bournemouth wheel. So you have gone around the gardens, the beach and the shopping area but your senses have still not had enough? Well get on the wheel and look at everything from high above. The perk to this is that it is near the beach, beach huts, cafes and all the ice cream areas. Before or after,( or even both) going to the beach to enjoy basking in the sun, just get on the wheel and feast your eyes.


Another recent addition to the architectural family is the indoor Odeon cinema and eating areas. If you are a foodie like me, you will be spoilt for choice. From Italian cuisine to Mexican and from South African to New-York cuisine, there is something for everyone.








If you fancy plain old fish and chips....SURPRISE!



If you are up for the walk, there are awesome non-chain restaurants at the triangle or on Old Christchurch road.



Had drinks with my mate at this artistic place and I felt like I was on a tropical island.


Come along to Bournemouth for a full sensory experience. P.S I bought this burgundy dress/ dungaree/ pinafore for £1. I did tell you I am a connoisseur in bargain hunting.

Comments

Popular Posts