FOREVER YOUNG

Hello Gorgies! I just realised that as I get older, I don't feel any older in my soul and spirit. Of course I feel the pressure to reach certain heights before a certain age. I feel like the same old Lorraine however, I don't feel the numbers. This made me realise that you have got to let your inner child have a life in you. Children ask, dream, take risks, believe in the impossible and don't care about consequences while adults are the complete opposite. Letting your inner child survive the trials and tribulations of life means you are able to dream and take risks. The combination of child and adult is one that we need to work at keeping balanced. Trust me once you lose the hope that comes with being a child, who has never been hurt or betrayed, you start to tolerate life and not actually live it to your full potential. Stay forever young in your soul and spirit.






















How does one stay forever young?
  • Guard your  heart; let the problems in life become lessons but don't let them become the narrative of your life.
  • Choose company wisely; from boyfriends to friends to cousins you choose to hang out with, choose the people that build you up and not tear you down. You must also be a positive energy to those people too.
  • Know the source; some people get fed up when people don't return a favour. 'I helped her out when she was in trouble why won't she help me?' I believe in destiny and in divine plans, when people don't help you out, it's not meant to be. Someone else will do.
  • Dream; kids seem to always ask for the near impossible. Do that too. Dream big and grow into that dream.
  • Recognise a change in direction; sometimes the way in which we want to go is not right for us at that point. When all your efforts fail, recognise that that may be a suggestion to change direction, tactics etc..
  • Be curious; kids are curious to the point of recklessness. Be as curious as a kid and balance that with the responsibility of an adult. The more curious you are the more you learn.
  • Feed your soul and spirit; meditate, develop a morning routine and read a lot. Kids don't recognise how wild it is on this earth we live in but you do. So you must centre yourself by focusing on solutions and positivity and not problems and negativity.
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY: find a quiet place, empty your mind and remember the dreams you had before a major life event changed your outlook on life. For example, I almost forgot my dreams when I moved countries because I was struggling to find my footing. Who did you want to be before that thing changed your mind? Could that possibly be who you really want to be?

Comments

Popular Posts