FIRST WEEK BACK IN UNIVERSITY

What an amazing week I am having so far back in uni. Hello Gorgies! I am so excited for my first project of 2017. I will be in Shining directed by David Glass of the David Glass Ensemble. This devised peace of theatre is based off the film The Shining by Stanley Kubrick which is based off the book The Shining by Stephen King. What an honour and privilege it is to even be part of this incredible experience.

In just two days I have learnt so much about being present in every moment, being focused and being still. Every member of the cast and crew is contributing so much. When the live shows start on the week of February 6th, we will all be very proud of seeing our vision unfold. I am so thankful for this great opportunity.

On a side note y'all, my whole outfit cost me £30. Excluding the top I am wearing underneath my jumper. It was a gift so I don't know how much it cost. I am such a bargain hunter it's insane!



















Got these babies from River Island for £10 and the trousers were £5 from H&M


Now that all the hard work has began I guess Costa Coffee is my new best friend, more precisely their Americano. The Shining rehearsals start at 9:30 each day and end at 5 in the evening. Plus lectures every Wednesday at 6 and writing my dissertation and evaluation for Shining. How am I getting pleasure from all of this. Oh because I love acting with all my heart.



Today at rehearsal we worked on the script of the film The Shining. Exploring themes, ideas on staging, lighting and sound. From watching the film, at the first seating, it doesn't seem like there is much to it than an abusive husband/father but when you truly engage and interrogate it, there are so many relevant and resonant themes.






So excited about this project. I will keep you Gorgies updated on everything we get up to. There will be 18 live shows, online streaming and a documentary. So excited!!

Comments

Popular Posts