Unseen (a poem about unrequited love)






Unseen (a poem about unrequited love) is the second poem that I have published on my website. The first one was Crumble oh wall (( https://www.lorraine-moalosi.com/crumble-oh-wall-a-poem-by-lorraine-moalosi/)). This one, is [obviously] about loving someone who doesn't love you. I am navigating the paradox of knowing my worth yet loving someone who doesn't see my worth. I'm sure one or two of you have experienced this before. So let's cry together as you read Unseen (a poem about unrequited love)









Unseen (a poem about unrequited love)









I've been waiting for you





Not a day's gone by without my wondering what to do





Do I hang on or do I give up





But my heart wants you the most, above all else





See, I see you





And you see that I see you





But neither one of us acknowledges that





Sure, you once made a joke about it





But it was too soon for me to fall in love





So we let it slide









I don't know who's the biggest fool





You for not loving me





Or me for not telling you I love you





But I can't tell you that you see





Because we would both see it as weak





Yet I don't know what's weaker





Crying myself to sleep with a heart that bleeds





Bleeds only for your love and affection





Or admitting that loving you changed my life









I never knew passion before you





I was unfamiliar with boyish charm





But when you smiled my whole world lit up





I felt like a little girl





The most gorgeous girl in the world





Your arms are the warmest cloak I've ever known





Your smile the brightest star I have ever seen





Even now your pearly whites haunt me in my dreams









How long my love until you are out of my life





Or at the very least, my heart





How long should I peacock myself





While you remain impervious





You can't get enough of my touch





yet your soul I'm not allowed to touch





Or feel





Or see





Not even glimpse









So while you are busy loving her





I'll be here crying for you





And praying that maybe someday





I'll meet someone who might measure up to you





In the meantime I have to accept that





I am unseen by you






Comments

Popular Posts