Celebrating a 100 days of gratitude with Presently






Screenshot from my A








A month or so after lock-down was imposed, I saw an opportunity to grow and so I started journaling. Especially gratitude journaling. And yesterday I was celebrating a 100 days of gratitude with Presently. Presently is an app that is solely for gratitude journaling. So everyday, I wrote down a minimum of 5 things that I am grateful for, for the past 100 days. I am so grateful to have experienced the powerful force of a grateful heart. Naturally, I learnt a lot from the process. I hope you enjoy reading celebrating a 100 days of gratitude with Presently.





P.S. This is not a paid sponsorship! I genuinely just love the app and its simplicity.









What I have learnt from a 100 days of gratitude









  1. We are surrounded by abundance. Choosing to be grateful is acknowledging that your life is full of blessings, wealth and love.
  2. A grateful heart is a positive heart. And a positive heart is a positive life. I used to struggle with a very negative inner monologue. But now I only speak goodness over my life.
  3. Gratitude is a direct path to grace. I used to be very critical of myself and people in general. But when I swapped complaining for gratitude, I allowed myself to be imperfect. And boy have I started to embrace my imperfection.
  4. Life is too short to focus on what you don't have. Rather, focus on what you do have and celebrate it.
  5. Gratitude is not about happy times, it is about cultivating an inner culture of perseverance, optimism, hope and resilience. A grateful heart sees trouble and embraces it for the blessing it is or it will be.
  6. Gratitude is a seed and out of it grows all good things in life. For example, love, hope, faith, success, wealth, health etc
  7. Someone with a grateful attitude is fun to be around and easy to love.
  8. I would argue that a grateful heart is an enlightened heart that operates far above the physical realm. So you get in touch with your spirit and the spirit of God.
  9. A grateful heart is a giving heart.
  10. Not only is a grateful heart a giving heart, but a grateful heart wants to make a difference in this world. Not for show. But to genuinely enrich others' lives and leave this world a better place than how we found it.








Here are 10 basic things we should all be grateful for









... so you too can be celebrating a 100 days of gratitude soon









I know when I say I am "celebrating a 100 days of gratitude" it might sound like a lot of work. But it really isn't. So here are 10 basic things that we should all be grateful for. P.S. This might be basic to you and I, but to someone else, basic human needs are a luxury and privilege that they don't get regularly.










1. FOOD


















If you didn't go to bed hungry last night and you also had a good breakfast and lunch today, count your blessings.










2. WATER










Have you ever watched telly before? Then you know from Oxfam and others that there are kids who have to walk miles and miles to fetch water. And sometimes that water is contaminated.










3. SHELTER










  • Clothing
  • Air conditioning
  • Systems that work like the health care system, social welfare system etc
  • Safety
  • The chance to pursue your dreams
  • Friendships and family








10. You are alive!!

















As long as you are alive, you have a chance to live the life that you want. To right the wrongs that you have made. Life is a gift. I haven't always had this attitude because the troubles of life were beating me down. But since I started journaling, I view life problems as growth opportunities.





Thank you so much for reading celebrating a 100 days of gratitude with Presently. I hope you were inspired to become more grateful and realise that you are surrounded by abundance.






Comments

Popular Posts