WHY I CRIED ON SET TODAY (#BTS)

Dream team
 So today was a whole different ball game. Hello Gorgies! Ever go through a moment and think 'I can't believe this is happening'? Well I had many of those moments today. I could not have fathomed that so many people would entrust their designs to me to model. I am not self-deprecating at all but in all honesty, I am not all that so for people to choose to see the beauty in me and my appearance and use me for their projects has been a humbling experience.

All photos are unedited
It was during this photoshoot that I cried. No one was horrible to me, in fact it was the complete opposite. Ellie Armstrong is a beaut and a star. Ever since we met maybe a month ago she has been keen on using me for her photoshoot. To say a great leader makes a great team is an understatement. Under her direction and the photographer's, we were able to capture amazing photographs, which will be out soon. Thank you Stefano for being amazing too!


I basically cried because of how grateful I am. I am grateful for each opportunity that I get because I know that not everyone has this privilege. I cried because I have always dreamed of going to an arts school and being an artist; a model, singer, dancer and actor and I am well on my way to achieving these dreams. In fact each day is a dream come true. I am grateful for the friends I make on all of these shoots, my baby girl Ola, we always have fun together, Vikki, Evie, Ellie, Sophia, Kelly, Kaleigh, Stefano, Caz, Imani, Katie, Andras, Ray, Lily, Rianne, Kerri and I am sorry if I forgot to mention anyone.


Life gives us small moments that we are sometimes too ambitious to appreciate. 'I would be happier if I started earning more money', 'If only this was a campaign for a big brand' so many hopes and prayers that have already been answered but we ignore them because they are not in the form that we expect them to be. But life is so full of blessings that sometimes we don't recognise until they are taken away from us.


Today's post was all about showing everyone the heart, sweat and tears that go into photoshoots. People think being in the arts is an easy task because, 'you don't have to think too much' but it takes a lot of strength and vulnerability to do this. It takes a lot of team work, selflessness, sacrifice and passion to do this. Although it frustrates the life out of me sometimes, I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else.


Don't focus on the negatives! Count your blessings and appreciate life for each good moment it gives you.

P.S all the photos are unedited and are not final images. Everything on my blog is a reflection of my thought process and not necessarily that of those involved in the photoshoots.

Comments

Popular Posts