EEEK! I AM ABOUT TO FINISH UNI

MUA; IMANI NAGHTEN, STYLE AND DESIGN; ELLIE ARMSTRONG, PHOTO CRED: STEFANO NADDEO
 I think the title of this blog says it all! Hello Gorgies! I am absolutely not freaking out about finishing uni. I mean it's not like I don't have life figured out. I mean I know where I want to be and how I want to get there. Life is cherry and lekker (Afrikaans for good).

I mean dreaming and working hard for your dreams should be all one needs right? Plus there are lot of incentives in the UK and back home (Botswana) for graduates of the arts to persevere with their craft. Plus there isn't that much competition in the acting, modelling and music industry so life should be a breeze. I mean we have to keep the faith don't we? Ok in all seriousness I have a tough journey ahead of me. But despite the many obstacles in my future I am very optimistic about my decision to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. It will take a lot of proactivity, faith, instinctive decision making and a whole lot of praying but I feel like I am ready to leave uni.


Three years I have been going to the Arts University Bournemouth. It has been the toughest thing I have ever done. The culture shock of moving not only from one country to another but actually moving continents as well was the biggest struggle. Acclimatising to a whole different style of education has been super challenging as well. Learning a new life no matter how hungry you are for it will always be tough. But I am super grateful for the growth I have experienced from the whole process. I have met amazing people I am sure I will continue to be in contact with. One of them being this amazing hottie Stefano Naddeo. We hit it off the moment we met and have worked together twice already. I am looking forward to more projects with him. You are a brilliant photographer Stefano. And of course my beautiful Ola Suddrey, two projects down, one more to go.

STYLE AND DESIGN; CHLOE MAE PATTEN, PHOTO CRED; JACOB

I am also grateful for the training and experience I got from being in the UK. In the past of couple weeks alone I managed to get eleven photoshoot bookings from uni and I have a few more to come and I do not take it for granted how blessed I am. I am happy for the short films I managed to be a part of. I am also super excited for my performance on Tuesday evening at the Arts University Bournemouth which will be my last ever as an AUB student. I am grateful for all the places I got to visit, all the theatre I got to see and all the brilliant exhibitions in the university I got to attend.

Credit same as first photo
Although I have nothing figured out about the future I am just thankful for the confidence my training has given me in my pursuit of success in the entertainment industry. I am one of those people who without fail believe that life will take you wherever it pleases. I have all my plans in pencil and I have my eraser ready so that when life dictates I wipe the slate clean and start again. Never be afraid of starting something new. So here is to the past, the present and the future and most importantly here is to God, the universe, my family, my friends, all the collaborators, my course mates and my tutors and everyone who has been part of this journey. Our journeys continue and most of us will take different routes but I wish you all the success in the world, in your work life and in your personal life. Here here!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts