HIDDEN FIGURES INSPIRED PHOTOSHOOT






After days of teasing this, the post is finally here. Hello Gorgies! I think this might possibly be one of the top three best photoshoots I have ever done to date. Ever heard, team work makes the dream work? After this shoot I am completely sold! Vikki Irvine was the Make Up artist, Lily Bevan the stylist, Harry Cooke the photography and Rianne Thompson and I (obviously) were the models. The lovely atmosphere and camaraderie that each team member brought made all the difference.









Inspired by the film, Hidden Figures by Theodore Melfi, Vikki wanted to explore hair styles and makeup for Afro-Caribbean career women. I think her selection of models was brilliant because of the different hair textures and complexion Rianne and I have from each other. And Lily's use of neutral and bold colours to achieve strong characterisation of each model was fantastic. The different fabrics and cuts of both styles brought a contrasting but captivating element to the photos which feature both Rianne and I.









 And Harry's photographic genius speaks for itself through each photo.













 My favourite aspect of this shoot was the old school glamour it shows. I am one of those people who believe that less is more and this shoot for me is the epitome of that. The sexiness of both of us models comes across even though we are both wearing such demure outfits. The subtle makeup makes the looks that much more intriguing.









 I believe that films such as Hidden Figures are the quintessence of Feminism. They show that women always had a place in this 'man's world'. Women are not limited by their womanhood. And to be a part of a shoot where 4/5 of the team members were women (not intentionally) also shows how far 'career' women have come and how endless their capabilities are.









 I am very happy to be living in a world where although we are still plagued by our history, we are moving on with our heads held high. We are treating each other as individuals with endless talent. I am a woman and I am proud to say that I am a career woman, I am sexy, black and desirable. I bring my A game to everything and I powerful.









Special thanks to every woman out there working hard and exercising their freedom in the way they feel is best for them.





HAIR AND MAKEUP: Vikki Irvine





WADROBE AND STYLING: Lily Bevan





PHOTOGRAPHY: Harry Cooke





MODELS: Lorraine Moalosi and Rianne Thompson





LOCATIONS: Bournemouth Beach and Pavilion Dance














Comments

Popular Posts