FIRST DAY OF SPRING (WIMBORNE MINSTER, UK TAKE 2)


It is the first day of spring yay! Hello Gorgies! I have had the most awesome day ever! Spring is my favourite season EVER! It's when everything comes to life. It's the culmination of the beauty of nature, fertility.

Spring is when the flowers begin to bloom, the frost melts away, the grass becomes green again, the reflection of the atmosphere on the waters is so vivid and awe-inspiring one cannot help but give mother nature a salute. Metaphorically as well, spring is the season of rebirth. Everything that has been dead in my life is slowly coming back to life and I couldn't be happier. A classmate complimented me today and said I look healthy and happy and another said I was glowing. My appetite has come back in full force, my outlook on life is generally of enthusiasm and on a Monday morning I am the weirdo who runs around the rehearsal space singing, 'the wheels on the bus go round and round...', I am reconciling with myself after more than two years. I am enjoying the process thoroughly.

I had a meeting today in Wimborne, (it went very well by the way). I was not prepared for just how beautiful the other side of Wimborne I hadn't seen last week was. I mean where do I even begin? With photographic evidence of course and I will let you make up your mind. P.S Wimborne is beautiful.


 Houses by the lake


The lake in Oakley was my favourite bit. I didn't have time to explore as this was a business trip and not pleasure. As soon as I saw this I knew I had to immortalise it in photos.
The beauty of Wimborne is:
  • It is aesthetically pleasing; a good balance of old English town architecture, lakes and rivers, forests and greeneries, old town shops and local businesses and the assortment of luxury cars that cruise by, goes a long way.
  • It is very peaceful and tranquil. I love a good walk and jog in the local roads and this place is smashing!
  • There is plenty to do. Bournemouth and Poole are nearby for the heavy duty shopping and night clubs. But local coffee shops, pubs and boutiques go down a treat.
  • The air is so fresh, it gives you time to think and reflect on your thoughts. This is a great luxury in a world that is obsessed with being busy trying to get money but neglecting to take care of our minds, bodies and spirits.
  • The demographic of the town is very mixed. You have school kids, young couples, middle aged citizens and people who have retired. I enjoy meeting new people so for me this is paradise! I get to hear interesting stories at the bus stop.
The most important thing though for me is that it feels so homey. It's a place you can be very protective of and be proud to tell everyone you live in. It is so underrated yet delivers plenty.


As the wind was blowing in my face and the fresh air going up my nostrils to my lungs, I broke into hymns out of gratitude for what I am experiencing. The rebirth of spring is real y'all. You just have to give it a chance.




What did you get up to on the first day of spring? Leave your comments below.

Outfit details

Hat: Zalando
Coat: Zalando
Dress: Boohoo
Shoes: Public Desire

Locations

  1. Oakley, Wimborne, UK
  2. Redhill Park, Moordown, Bournemouth, UK








Comments

  1. You look stunning ��. I'm eager to actually visit Wimborne for sight seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts