Essential travel: my trip to London in photos


An Aer Lingus aircraft parked on the tarmac
Dublin Airport terminal 1








So I had to take an emergency trip to London. And I am going to tell you all about it through the visual aid of the photos I took on the trip. Hence the title essential travel: my trip to London in photos. What was the emergency Loz? Was the trip really essential? Well if you asked any of these questions, the answer is, I had to renew my passport. I emailed the High commission of Botswana in London and they told me to come in on Monday the 29th. So of course I went in! If you are wondering what it was like travelling during a pandemic, I have a few adjectives to help. Eerie, surreal, apocalyptic (ish), strange, scary and so many others along those lines. The airports were abandoned and there was very little activity.





In Dublin it was worse cos there was only one restaurant open within the 15 mins that I walked. And none of them had plant based food. So I starved. But of course I understand why. They are keeping us safe. One vegan sandwich wouldn't have hurt though (lol). Anyway, without further ado, let's get into essential travel: my trip to London in photos.









Outfits and details

























Took my perfume from my friend Doyin with me for the journey








I honestly wish that someone had come with me. Just for the sole purpose of taking photos of me because I looked too gorgeous not to photograph. But alas, I made do with the mirrors and selfies. If anyone of you guys wants to travel together, soak in the moment and take lots of photos - which most might be of me, just saying, give me a message. And we can do that!! Of course I will take photos of you too. I love photography. Plus I am an exceptional travel companion, if I do say so myself.









My favourite view ever!!

















Guys when I tell you my favourite thing to do is fly, I kid you not. There's something about being in a metal container that's heavy and loaded with many people (except on this occasion) and flying through the air. It feels like we shouldn't be up there. It almost defies logic for me. Like perhaps I am witnessing and partaking in a miracle. Seeing the clouds and sometimes the sunlight from above the clouds, is breathtaking. I could look at the clouds out my small air plane window all day long.









Now to the matter of food









Gorgeous Poke bowl from Honi Poke on Margaret Street in London








This was my first Poke bowl and it was the Vegan Falafel bowl. I got it from Honi Poke on Margaret street in London. I purchased the avocado and ginger and soy sauce as extras. The ingredients were:





  • Falafel
  • Home pickled cucumber
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Pineapple
  • A bed of brown rice and slaw
  • Sesame seeds
  • Vegan Sriracha mayo
  • Avocado (additional)
  • Ginger and soy sauce (additional)




Life absolutely made!! And the food arrived about 5 minutes earlier ( so literally within 15 minutes of me ordering). Their service was also exceptional. They wrote this on the brown paper bag the food was in:









How absolutely cute and adorable








If you are ever in London, 10/10 would recommend!! They have a few restaurants around the city as well. You can check them out here: https://www.honipoke.com/our-menu/.

















I have eaten lots of Hippeas from work and I knew they were great when I got them. The Alpro Caffe Latte on the other hand I literally bought because it was dairy free. I don't typically drink coffee cos I have a super sensitive stomach. Of course you already know this because you read this https://www.lorraine-moalosi.com/remembering-all-the-foods-i-could-eat-pre-ibs/. But I thought 'oh whatever' and I had it anyway. Alpro coming through as always - this latte did not disappoint. Especially because I was cheating and got away with it. My stomach can be so kind to me sometimes. Love you stomach. The Boots sandwich on the other hand is a no from me. Firstly, who puts ketchup in a sandwich? Secondly, what was that fake meat that you only gave me a piece and a half of? No guys. Not on.









Dublin you beauty...

































Honestly, I was super apprehensive about going on this trip. With Corona and all. Ain't nobody got time for that!! But every where I went there was perfect social distancing, everyone was wearing a mask and there were sanitisers everywhere. Of course I brought my own as well though. I am blessed to live in a beautiful country like Ireland.









Last but not least on essential travel: my trip to London in photos









London









Buckingham Palace








I am not going to say much about London because I am going to make a whole video dedicated to it. But I absolutely love the vibrancy of London. I walk everywhere whenever I am in London. That's because I get a bit anxious in super crowded places and wouldn't like to be on the tube. And I hate looking stupid when using public transport in new places for the first time. Besides walking everywhere is the ultimate thing to do when in London because:





  • firstly, you can avoid people
  • secondly, you see more places and remember those places than when driving or using public transport
  • Third, multiple birds - one stone. You see places, avoid people while getting your exercise, fresh air and saving money.
  • And finally, you get to know the city better and locate where everything is relative to each other.








Side note:









The toilets in Gatwick Airport in the South Terminal are the best looking toilets ever. I remember telling my family about this four years ago. So now I am telling you. I mean look at this!!

























The sinks are in each individual cubicle. So you can do your business and wash your hands in private. How exciting!! Absolutely love the design and everything. Plus they are always very clean. And on that note, thank you so much for reading Essential travel: my trip to London in photos. Please check out the vlog I did on this on my YouTube channel by following the link below.










https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0HWeYJH-E&t=516s








Thank you so much for reading my blog. I appreciate it. And thank you once more for watching my vlog on YouTube. Have a lovely weekend. God bless you.






Comments

Popular Posts