Highlights of the last 5 years in photos


This is from Highlight number 1








I am on a quest to increase my gratitude so I have decided to do a post on the highlights of the last 5 years in photos. This is not to look back and long for the good old days but to remember that greater things have yet to come. Without further ado, here's highlights of the last 5 years in Photos.









Highlight number 1:-









My first ever professional photo shoot

























Did you guys know that I decided to move to the UK after this photo shoot? It's a bit of a long story but this right here is something I will tell my grandbabies, coupled with photographic evidence of course. It's legendary. I went with my uncle and aunt to the photo shoot, in London (this was before I officially moved to the UK). Best day of my life! Also seeing the pride in their eyes is something I will never forget. Sweet dreams are made of this. I did a post on my old blog on the experience, so you can check it out there by following this link https://dichotomouslolo.blogspot.com/2017/04/my-first-ever-photoshoot-london.html









Highlight number 2:-









Officially moving to the UK in 2014









Video taken by my cousin Kim








This might be cheating because that is not a photo but a video. But I just had to share this because what a time. Watching this video, I can almost feel the joy, gratitude and excitement I felt on that day. Two of my wildest dreams had just come true, 1) I had finally moved overseas and 2) I was going to do some kind of performance arts. The funny thing though is that 1) I had wanted to move to America to 2) study dance. Instead, I moved to the UK to study drama! Any regrets? None at all. I am far too grateful to begrudge the direction that my life has taken. And this was pre-depression, so watching this is surreal.









Highlight number 3:-









Doing the YMCA Bournemouth Sleep Easy fundraiser









YMCA Bournemouth rough sleep 2
Image from YMCA Bournemouth








On the final night of my 21st year, I decided to do the YMCA Bournemouth Sleep easy fundraiser. This was to raise money to support Bournemouth residents who were sleeping rough. At this point, I was proper in the throws of depression (but I didn't know it). So I guess I wanted to do something benevolent so I could be more grateful (subconsciously). I felt like a victim in so many things so I guess this was my way of saying to myself, girl, count your blessings.





The next morning, a girl who had slept on the cardboard nearest to me and I sang 22 by Taylor Swift! Then a few hours later I went to The Hilton for a birthday lunch and posted photos on Facebook. In hindsight I feel like it was such a thoughtless move. I don't know why but there is something about sleeping rough to raise funds for charity and then going to a luxury hotel for lunch, straight after, that seems disingenuous. But alas, we live and we learn.









Highlight number 4:-









2017 was a whirlwind of adventure!









Photo by Alice








I hope you are still keeping up with my highlights of the last 5 years in photos? There's way too much to say about 2017! I was on anti-depressants. Although they reduced how much I felt, this was an awesome thing because that meant less emotional pain. For some people the medication affects how happy they can get, it was the same for me but only after like 10 months. Or maybe it was because my life was super exciting in those 10 months so I had no option but to be excited, who knows. But here are the highlights of 2017 in photos.









Lots of photo shoots with lots of talented people

















Someone I know once said to me, 'you need to tell the demon that is possessing you to let you go' and I was like 'whaaaat!'. And she said the sweetest thing ever! She said, 'you are way too talented not to be doing this full time'. Awwww! What a compliment! Since then, I have told that insecurity demon and the 'I am NOT enough' demon to leave me alone. So watch this space!! Check out more of my photo shoots from https://www.lorraine-moalosi.com/throwback-from-the-mountains-of-italia/ and here https://www.lorraine-moalosi.com/hidden-figures-inspired-photoshoot/.













Working with David Glass









Photo by Ewa Ferdynus








I have two questions for you. You have to comment your answers down below. Question number one- was this photo staged or is it an actual candid. And the second question is, what job do you think the character that I played worked? I so look forward to reading your answers because for me the answers are super obvious. But back to the point at hand - working with David Glass was the highlight of ALL of drama school. I felt like for once, I was working with a director that actually saw ME and not who they would like me to be. It was so fantastic to be allowed to be myself. I would absolutely love to work with David again!!









Moving to Austria









Sunrise seen on the autobahn




Austria was such a blast!! I worked as a TEFL teacher, lived in a mansion with 9 other people and I got to travel all over the country. Seeing the sunrise was so special and epic. I also loved driving around the mountainous country because in comparison, Botswana is a pancake. Driving on the opposite side of the road was rather exciting. And of course I drove on the wrong side, thinking I was right and everyone else was wrong, at least once.









Carinthia




The pinus forest was a sight to behold in the snow. And the rooftops of the cabins were just exceptional. I really loved being in Austria.









Highlight number 5:-









2018 was pretty jam packed too









Sunset in Botswana




I enjoyed many a sunset sightings when I was in Botswana.





Moving to Ireland









O.R. Tambo International Airport Johannesburg








Flying is probably my number one favourite thing to do. And to do it as often as I have is a privilege I do not take for-granted!! I have been blessed beyond all measure. Moving to Ireland to start my MSc was super exciting. This place has been a blessing. I have made many friends and gained much needed confidence. Most importantly, I am healthy again, remember that video from 2014, I am rapidly making my way back there but wiser and older.









My first photo in Ireland








Final highlights









Getting straight As on my MSc









Dissertation hand in








Do you see how haggard I looked? There is no life in my eyes, just pain. When I tell you I had a lot of meltdowns in the lead up to this, I kid you not. This includes crying at a seminar, crying over the phone to friends and waking up super early in the morning. And of course going to bed late at night. Many nights in the library and the whole works. I have never worked on anything in my life, as hard as I did when I was doing a masters. And I am super grateful because I got straights As and will be receiving an achievement award for coming first in my programme. It doesn't get any better than that, does it? Of course it does!!

















Going to Germany (again)













To round up the highlights of the last 5 years in photos, I of course have to write about travel. I absolutely love travelling. Although I have been in Germany three times now, it still feels like I have not really been there. That's cos the first time, we just drove through Germany on our family road trip from the UK to Sweden. The second time, I was there only for the day when I was learning teaching in Austria. And then last year, I went for student missionary training. Even though I was there for a whole week, I didn't really get to see much outside of the local landscape, trains and the airport. So am I due another Germany trip, oh yes indeed I am. Here is a list of my top must go to places within the next couple of years:





  • Singapore
  • Argentina
  • New York City
  • Germany
  • And literally ALL of Africa!! What a continent!




P.S I have intentionally omitted mentioning my family. I am always and forever grateful for them. They are the highlight of my everyday.





P.P.S Thank you so much for reading my post and exploring my blog. I am forever grateful for you.


Comments

Popular Posts